Monday, September 12, 2011

Life-long Thought

As I move through the first few weeks of college, I have come to a realization about a common aspect of many people's lives, including my own. Before, as a high school student and younger, family was just something that was always around, always a guaranteed aspect of life. Often it was just something that I didn't appreciate or pause to respect and enjoy; just another thing that could get on my nerves or stress me out. As I move on towards another stage in life, I realize my mistake. Family time is scarce relative to life-span, and one should appreciate the time he/she is able to spend with family members. Point in case, regardless of the condition of the relationship with mother, father, etc. make sure to spend time with and enjoy the time you are able to spend with them. If the relationship is fractured or fragile, try to repair it, it is definitely worth it in the long run.... because one day, it might be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment